Ein Guter Rutsch

Frohes neues, und einen guten Rutsch!

Germans don't just wish you a happy new year; they also wish you, directly translated, "a good slide" into the new year. In essence, they hope that you enter the new year happy, healthy, and on the right path to personal success, and I think that's a nice sentiment.

I usually don't bother with new year's resolutions, as I don't see the sense in putting things off to the new year. If I want to be a better person, why not just start improving as soon as I note something worth working on? This year, though, I reflected on things I both did and didn't do, and decided that I did have one new year's resolution: follow through. (Okay, two. The second is to eat less cheese).

It's not like I don't have the capacity to follow through on the things I plan on doing. I mean, I told myself in 2015 that I was going to apply for PPP, and here I am enjoying the start of 2018 in Germany. But I realized that there were lots of little things that I told myself I was going to do that I just didn't get around to and didn't prioritize enough. I've decided that that's not the kind of person I want to be--I want to be a person that carefully chooses their interests and experiences, then makes them happen. I want to be a person that gets things done, not because I have to, but because I said I would.


Maybe later I'll elaborate on more of my specific goals.


Here's to 2018 and making steps towards becoming the me I want to be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Retrospective Perspective: The Interview

Volunteering

Die Praktikantin