Livin' On a Prayer

Get it? Because I'm halfway there?

Okay, so this post isn't at all punctual. Allow me to take you back in time to my perspective from one month ago when I was officially halfway through my grand German adventure...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*twinkly time-travel music*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, it's mid-January and I'm officially at the halfway point.

I want to first mention that I'm pretty proud of myself. I had lots of reasons to want to quit this experience, but I didn't. I had absurdly stressful times, excessive homesickness, endless frustrations... but I didn't once think that I was going to leave Germany early. No way. I've still got waaaaay too much to do here.

Though it's still kinda sucky living in my gross dorm, change is on the horizon. I will be starting my internship soon, I'll move in with my host family, I'll see my boyfriend, spring is coming... the only way from here is up.

I'm starting to realize just how very fleeting this experience is, and how much I will inevitably miss being here--even if it has been, to a large degree, very frustrating. They warned us, though. From the very beginning, CBYX was telling us "it'll be over before you know it" and "a lot of it is going to be very difficult" and, disclaimer, they were right.

Onto the next six months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Retrospective Perspective: The Interview

Volunteering

2 1/2 Years Later